On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Family News

My grandaughter and her mother were touring college campuses recently. Anna was smart enough to know that College of the Atlantic, in Bar Harbor, was a private and very expensive college, but Mom said: we're down here, we might as well go look at it.

They were both thrilled that COA was right on the ocean, partnering with Jackson Labs, and offering courses in Marine Biology, Anna's choice in courses at this point.

The woman showing them around tuned in to Anna's enthusiasm (and her straight-A high school record) and told her: If you can commit to COA, we will explore available scholarships to allow you to attend here. They even interviewed her, which is amazing.

So I share this. Anna, a young girl from rural northern Maine, now may have a chance to realize her dream. Remember your dreams and go for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home