On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Saturday, November 14, 2009

OK, the Dr. Wayne Dyer story!

Way back when I was divorced and living in California, the local university advertised that Wayne Dyer was going to hold a seminar having to do with his book, "Your Erroneous Zone."

I got two GFs to go with me, and we had a great time. As I recall, Dyer was into empowering women, and he set up a scenario where a woman would ask another person (we were all women there, the self-help patrol) for a date, and not back down as the 2nd person gave every excuse in the book not to go out with the 1st person.

Then Dyer said: this is the difficult part for me, because nobody ever asks me out.

Both of my friends physically pushed me forward...uh, OK, I'll ask....and I did, and Dyer grinned and carefully gave reasons not to accept. Then he announced to the whole class that I'd backed down!

So, that's the story and I'm sticking to it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home