On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Church Thanksgiving Feast

Today was our big Thanksgiving feast at church. We always have way too much food and invite community groups to join us, such as the mentally challenged. Sadly, the Women's Shelter doesn't join us...according to their director, the abusive men suddenly get all apologetic, the women go home, they are there through the holidays and usually back in the shelter after the first of the year when the men resume their original behavior. I feel so bad for the kids in these families.

As a church, we did, however, have a lovely feast...the downstairs hall was a beautiful bouquet of tables with soft yellow tableclothes, vases of fall flowers, orange and yellow, orange napkins, and lots of food. We fill take-away foam containers to deliver to our members who are home-bound for any reason.

And since we are United Methodist, we have more than one long table loaded down with desserts. Oh my. I'll be hungry again maybe sometime tomorrow~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home