On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Christmas is Coming!

We've been practicing our Christmas cantata at church for weeks, and today's frosty start really puts me in the mood.

Gifts? How about this as a suggestion: Give someone a certificate for a pedicure...

At one time, I thought pedicures were a bit pretentious. That was before my California daughter-in-law insisted it was a calming, spa-like experience, and she took me to her fave place. AHHH!

Now, I go once a month and float out of MY favorite place on cloud 9. See, some of us (me) have ingrowns that curl and cause a lot of pain. Wearing sandals means I failed to notice the pain, but once I put on regular shoes, it was hobble around time.

I went to a podiatrist, who charged an arm and a leg (ahem) to fix one big toe. Now, I go to my place, choose a nail color, sit with my feet in bubbling warm water for a total of 2 hours of being coddled and massaged and made pain-free.

Surely you know someone who would love such a gift. Rather than a sweater that doesn't fit or something to put on a shelf and dust, think about a gift certificate for a pedicure for your Mom or Sister or good friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home