On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Good Health news!

Biopsies came back clean as a whistle! Nothing even the least bit suspicious. Still awaiting decision re some basic surgery, but the crucial finding is a huge relief.

Now, let's talk about the Oscars! Was I the only person watching who adored the entire production? Watching that gorgeous Aussie Hugh Jackman as he sang and danced, seeing groups of former Oscar winners make comments 5 at a time, the settings, the beautiful crystal 'curtain,' and surprise presenter after presenter...I loved it when Tina Fey and Steve Martin came to the podium together, said their comic remarks, and then as Tina gazed in respect at Steve, he turned to her and said: DON'T fall in love with me!

That was fall on the floor funny.

I usually watch the Oscars, but in the last several years they have been boring and draggy, saved only by the 'dresses.' This year's dresses included the usual hits and a few awful misses. Angelina Jolie wore a striking long black dress set off by large brilliant green earrings and a matching ring. Brad Pitt wore a 20's style tux.

Yes, Slumdog Millionaire swept the Oscars, and I haven't seen it yet, but it appeared that everyone in the huge theatre was supportive of their wins.

OK, that's my take on the whole production; I hope they've already signed up Hugh Jackman for next year...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

There were certainly some gorgeous outfits this year and great flicks. I wish Mickey Rourke would have won, though I'm glad about Sean Penn too. I like what Penn said when he accepted his award up there. Funny.

So glad everything came back good!

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home