On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Quiet New Year's Day~

"All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power," Ashleigh Brilliant

I'm feeling much better, the cold seems to have disappeared with help from OTC meds. Hubby has watched football all day, cuddled up in a quilt. Cold wind outside, so we're both wearing flannel all day. There's a steak marinating in the fridge, and I made a spinach/artichoke/cheese dip. I'll heat up a can of Hoppin' John (rice and blackeyed peas) for luck in this coming year...although I don't really believe in magical thinking, ya know!

When football is over (it WILL be over, right?) we'll watch MAMA MIA again, at Dick's actual request.

Physical therapy yesterday seems to have 'oiled up' my knee. I'll be going three times a week for 4 weeks, and then will re-join the Y for their waterobics in the warm water pool. I've missed that therapy, and my new doctor insists I get back into the pool. Fortunately, the Y is running one of their specials; you can join without paying a joining fee on top of the membership fee. Of course, this is the month, January, when folks flock to the Y to join, then by February or March, they stop attending, which is OK with me.

"All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power," Ashleigh Brilliant (his real name)

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky Mushko said...

That quotation is, well, brilliant.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Celestine said...

nice blog. happy ny's!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Sorry ya'll are under the weather. Ben has had that repiratory mess since Thanksgiving. A warm pool sounds great!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home