On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Friday, January 30, 2009

TV commercials trigger memories

I so remember fondly as a very young girl standing in my sock feet on my Dad's shoes as he 'taught me to dance' to the music from our kitchen radio. There it was, portrayed on TV, during a commercial, and it brought me immediately back in time more years than I care to count!

My Dad was such a happy, cheerful soul. Tall and handsome, he would come to my office in later years to take me out to lunch, and the other girls there would whistle and cheer, thinking this gorgeous man was a date. He looked like Basil Rathbone (who?) with his dark hair and thin mustache, and he moved with a singular grace although he never actually realized that. If there was any ego, his two daughters never saw it.

Singing as he came downstairs in the morning, then tap dancing on the kitchen linoleum, these are my memories. We were lucky to have him in our lives.

2 Comments:

Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Glad you're on the mend Marion!

That brought back memories of me dancing on my father's feet!

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

8:04 PM  
Blogger Sally Roseveare said...

I love memories, especially those connected with fun and fun-loving parents. I "danced" riding on Daddy's shoes to many songs. Often Mother and Daddy danced as I went along for the ride. Thanks for the memories!

And I hope you're still improving.

smithmountainlakemysterywriter.blogspot.com

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home