On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Gaining strength

Thanks, everyone, for the kind thoughts and prayers. I've actually been grocery shopping some, and am now able to eat a regular diet after weeks of IVs and then soft foods. I'm planning to get to church tomorrow to see if the Praise Choir, and the Chancel Choir, have been missing my alto.

Doctors' appts and medical tests are continuing in the next few weeks, so everything isn't entirely solved as yet. It would be SO easy for me to turn into a recliner-potato, watching movies on the big flat-screen TV!

Another alto has been out as well; she's had double vision and biopsies and tests. We've shared with each other our gratefulness for Kroger's rotisserie chickens! And Applebee's Meals to Go. She can't drive yet, but has friends from church helping her out.

It is sunny and warm as I write this today, and I soaked up the warmth on the sunporch while I ate my lunch. I guess I've been needing iron, because I was craving liverwurst spread on crunchy whole grain rye bread. With pickles. Heck, when your diet has been medically restricted, EVERYthing tastes great. So far, I haven't regained any of the 8+ pounds I lost, but it'd sure be easy to do that.

Time to read Blogs and get myself back on track. Sorry to digress into all this health stuff!

4 Comments:

Blogger colleen said...

I love the convenience of those chickens too. I gotta have a hot meal. So glad your on the mend.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Liverwurst and pickles? Yuk. I haven't had that since I was a kid. You either need iron Marion or you're pregnant, lol.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

11:38 PM  
Blogger Claudia Condiff said...

Marion, glad your back !
I am still with Mother, so I can't make the writers...
Stay well..

12:54 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

Yeah, Debi, I'm a pickle-sauerkraut-rye bread person. My hubby is NOT, so when I go to the Mayberry Diner, I like to order their Reuben on toasted rye bread.
Colleen: Those rotisserie chickens are a great 'invention.' My daughter, in college twice a week, says she buys one and tears into it on her lunch hour, sitting in her car, then takes the remnants home (no worry about refrigeration when you live in northern Maine...your car is your fridge.
Yes,Claudia, I am feeling better but still awaiting biopsy results. Also may have some surgery ahead.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home