On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Written instructions for putting on a bra!

Well, I never thought this would happen, but it did. A friend who had surgery after an accident, creating painful scar tissue on her side, had not been able to find a bra that she could wear. While getting a massage, she was told about a woman who fits custom-designed bras in over 500 sizes, in your home. Contacting her, my friend (let's call her Paula) was told she could have a party in her home, inviting friends who might be interested in the product, and thereby earn points towards an orthopedic bra.

It's nearly Christmas and we are all rushing around trying to economize at the same time, yet Paula filled her house with friends who have spent years trying to find a comfortable bra. The husbands, of course, were not invited but they joked about attending, envisioning a roomful of well-endowed women half-dressed. Each woman who wanted a fitting went individually into a private bedroom with the woman representing the company, Beauty by Jeunique, for the custom fitting.

We had a great time, joking and chatting and eating lots of snack foods. When the first woman walked out of the room wearing the bra (under a sweatshirt that said: Grandmom) we were stunned. Her posture was different, her waist was pulled in, her shoulders were up...and, well, she looked terrific. There was a rush to sign up at that point.

Yes, the bras were pricey, but absolutely worth the cost. Most of us bought one, but plan to buy another in January, when Jeunique will be holding a sale. They also sell other undergarments, and jewelry items as well. Here's the URL for Linda Woods, the distributor in this area: customfit4u56@yahoo.com.

OK, sorry for the commercial, but I absolutely wanted to share this information.

7 Comments:

Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Attending that party now makes us bosom buddies.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Marion said...

nothing like a room full of women sipping wine and laughing like crazy, trying on bras and jumping up and down to see if anything jiggles. Definitely the most comfortable fit I've ever had.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Oh, I wish I could've gone. But my own busy xmas/basketball schedule beckoned.

I could've used the lift.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Can I be a bosom buddy too? I hate that I missed that thing! Sounds like too much fun. Shannon's grandmother died and we had the viewing that night.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

I did some baking and discovered that certain...ummm...changes kinda got in the way.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

It was no Tupperware party, that was for sure.

So sorry to hear about Shannon's grandmother Amy.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

10:12 PM  
Blogger colleen said...

I want one! No, I need one.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home