On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Monday, August 27, 2007

Too Much Goin' On~





Whew! Friday, Lake Writers met & I read the 2nd half of my play. Suggestions were made, some of which I will take, others discard. That evening, hubby & I went to his annual veterans' dinner and had a nice time (and a meal I didn't have to cook...YAY!).
Saturday, off to Diamond Hill General Store in Moneta for their Sunflower Festival. We sat on their front porch, in the shade (I know it hit 100 degrees) drinking lovely mocha iced coffee & talking with many of the visitors as well as our fellow writers: Cup of Comfort for Writers' Becky Mushko AKA Ida B. Peevish, Jean Brobeck, poet from Bedford with her Musings, Jim Morrison, author of Bedford Goes to War, Sally Roseveare with her Smith Mountain Lake mystery, Secrets At Spawning Run. By the time we packed up and left, around 4:30, my cheeks looked like ripe tomatoes from the heat...Becky took this picture. Actually, I believe her alter ego, Ida B., clicked the shutter...











Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home