On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Rain? Well, almost

Last night, after a WeatherBug warning about thunderstorms, we got just the fringe, only the edge, of a storm that hit Lynchburg like a hammer. Today, Wednesday, we thought we were in for a real rainstorm...but again, it saved itself for the area northeast of us.

Hey, Weather Gods, those city folk in NOVA don't need the water the way our wells and fields and cows and horses and pigs and sheep do. So, OK, maybe we don't have cows or horses or pigs or sheep, but our neighbors surely do. Leaves are turning fall colors and dropping from lack of water.

...maybe it'll pour tonight...WeatherBug still predicts a 50% chance...I should put on my bright orange dress and do my rain dance. That'll scare 'em!

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky Mushko said...

We only got the fringe today, too. Sprinkles and impressive thunder coming from your direction. Surely your neighborhood got some of the hard rain that hit Rocky Mount today.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Weeee goooott raaaaaaiiin!! Sorry -that was most definitely rude. I will try to restrain myself next time. I am just glad the ground was kinda wet today. I am actually surprised you didn't get any precipitation. Hang in there...

10:46 PM  
Blogger Linda G. said...

frugality used to be not only the norm, but considered an admirable trait..
We've had some rain in our area, but not in the amounts we had in the good ol' days.
I too, worry about my Grandchildren's future.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home