On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sadie Mae's First Haircut


I don't even recognize her! The Beauty Salon had to shave her hair; her legs were matted, and her ears, so zip-zip, out came this skinny dog with...cheekbones...and funny ears and very big black eyes. Once her hair grows back, about the end of October, they'll be able to give her a real cute doggy cut. OK, let's see if I can upload a picture!


I took several Before shots, but must have moved the camera as they came out blurry. She DID have a big pink & red bow in her hair, but it took her no time at all to tear that sucker off and chew it to bits.
She may be embarassed by the result; she isn't smiling her open-mouth grin. Maybe tomorrow?


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Awwwwww! I am glad my kids weren't in the room. They would hound me (no pun intended) for a dog. She is precious!!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

I trust you preserved a lock of her hair in her baby book.

When I first took Emma (the mixed sheltie) in for her first haircut, I brought home less than half the dog I took in.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home