On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Friday, July 06, 2007

Sadie Mae update

Sadie Mae has taken on a rather shaggy, chenille-looking coat. I really do not want to get her clipped, but may take her in to a new little shop that opened in Burnt Chimney. Dick complains that her light coat picks up everything...

Last night, he decided to take her into the shower with him, along with her doggie shampoo. Know what, it worked really, really well! He scrubbed her twice and she came out so clean. I dried her with the blower set on low and she was so happy once she hit the floor again that she did her joyful leaps totally across the foyer (maybe 3.5 or 4 feet?) & on around the house, her mouth open, grinning. Run, run, run..LEAP...run, run, run...LEAP

She still bonds with him, and now I'm sure it'll be even worse...I'll have to call him PoopDaddy. She goes out with me & chases butterflies & ants with terrier dedication, totally ignoring the reason she is outside. But when Dick takes her out & says: OK, Poop! she basically looks at him as if to say, "Of course, oh Master. What color would you like?" & squats.

She is supposed to be MY puppy. I believe she thinks I am HER puppy. (Bark!...give me a treat...Bark!...my water dish is empty)

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

LOL! Marion I will bring you people crackers to the next meeting! They were the type of dog treats we used to buy for my beagle terrier mix, when I was 15. My Dad used to eat them - what trick will you do for them? See you Wednesday!!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Maybe it's a man thing with these dogs Marion. We adopted our Motley from the pound a few months ago. Since Kurt had to work, I went and picked him out and then there was a three day waiting period. Kurt said, "If we don't like him, can we bring him back?" I was mad he was even thinking like that! But this one was supposed to be mine. We're going to adopt a second one when the time is right and that one was going to be Kurt's. However, I now hear him talking baby talk to Motley whenever they're together. And I can scream, "Motley! Motely! Motley!" and he's a slow responder. But let Kurt clear his throat and the dog jumps to attention, lol.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home