On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Doctor's Visit

Monday, I got in to see my doctor as the pain in my ankle has worsened, and there's swelling too. When he examined the ankle, he said: Wait! the X-ray showed a hairline fracture on the outside of your right ankle, but the pain and swelling are on the INside. You must have something else going on here...perhaps a torn tendon. We'd better get an MRI as X-ray only shows bone.

I'm set for an MRI on Monday. Meanwhile, he gave me new & stronger meds to take the pain away (pain is like shards of glass and brings tears to someone who does NOT cry easily) & admonished me to stay OFF the foot until we find out what is happening here. The new med is wonderful so I must be careful now not to do too much since this has been going on for nearly two months.

Hubby says he'll vacuum today...yay! With 10-year-old Winchester (choc Lab) in the house with Sadie Mae, the vac gets used a LOT.

I read the other day: Get your older dog a puppy to play with, and I have to agree. They had so much fun this morning, Sadie Mae copping Winch's chewbone & running swiftly around so he couldn't get it back...he finally did, so she started the game all over again. She'll do this, then collapse on the wooden floor of the foyer, pink tongue hanging out, and have a little nap. She loves to ride up with Dick on the ATV to get our paper. They are certainly bonding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home