On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Blogging Away~

Becky, be sure you check out Colleen Redman's Blog on .... blogging! She has some interesting comments indeed.

Good meeting of our Rocky Mount Writers' Group today. Lots of information exchanged, copies of magazines (Hey...I saw a stack of Senior News downstairs in the library, gals.) This is a very active group, which helps me be motivated. I'm even plotting out a play that I plan to write; something totally new for me.

Looks like I won't be able to attend the July 11th meeting as our Book Club, which meets at noon across the hall at the FCL, is planning to visit a winery for their July meeting. Heather, Becky, it'll be all yours that day. Unless I need a designated driver...

As you can see, I DID finally figure out the picture posting deal. My problem was: Dick would e-mail pix to me, but I couldn't figure out how to move them to the blog. Now, I think I've got it. Next plan is to get my own picture up at the top. Hmmmmm

Hubby goes off to Barbershop College in Salisbury, MD leaving very early tomorrow morning and returning on Sunday. He's excited; nearly the whole 40-member group is going. That means I get the remote control, the easy quick meals...which includes my 'hubby's away' treat, getting Kroger to steam up a pound of large shrimp, with Old Bay of course, and rushing them home to enjoy with a glass of white wine. Dick doesn't really care for shrimp unless someone else peels them, which to me is part of the fun...peeling my own shrimp, that is.

Oh, I'll probably fix myself a salad, too, just to be healthy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Oooooh a play. That sounds so very cool!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home