On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Sunday, July 01, 2007

How have I missed Fred First?

Yes, he was at our FCL Book Fest last year, and Yes, he was on the cover of Prime Living, and Yes, I actually did meet him (one of Colleen Redman's Floyd Friends) but reading his blog and seeing his incredible photography brought him sharply into focus!

His book, Slow Road Home, is on Amazon with several of his pictures. His poetic writing about Floyd and how he landed there is evident in his blog, and certainly is the topic of his book.

Visit Fred's blog at http://www.fragmentsfromfloyd.com.

I can't believe I didn't buy a copy of his book when he was here in Rocky Mount, but I absolutely do want one. He also has notecards with some of his pictures; in fact, he has the book and the notecards together.

I feel like I'm waking up from a long nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home