On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Frankenstein Ankle Boot!

MRI results showed yet another hairline fracture, this one on the left side (where the swelling and pain have been excruciating) of my right foot. Fortunately, no ligament or tendon damage shows up.

So I am now wearing a walking-cast padded black boot to totally immobilize that foot & ankle. Clomp, clomp...like Frankenstein clomping around the castle.

In order to drive (only short distances, of course) I can switch to the splint-brace. I will have 2-3 weeks to wear the clomper. But I'm happy there will be no surgery involved, and no actual cast. Life is good! And the doctor ordered a refill on the pain med, so I'll be a happy camper for those 2-3 weeks...

Tomorrow is Lake Writers at the Moneta Library. Good news in the recent paper: we'll have our new (only!) branch of the FCLibrary near the Lake Kroger's by the end of the year, beginning of next year. We'll probably move Lake Writers to that location once the library branch is completed, which I hope won't discourage our Bedford writers from attending. But all that will be decided by the group itself.

Saturday, we're off to Villa Appalacchia for a taste of Tuscany. Ciao!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Okay Frankenstein, which one of us get to be your Igor? Is it Dick? I bet he is following you around everywhere with a "yesssmassster" thrown in for good measure. Please take the elevator to our meeting next week. The ankle could use the rest. My sprained ankle looks like a bruise next to your misery.

Take a happy pill for me with a glass of wine and DON'T call me in the morning! LOL

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home