On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Monday, June 11, 2007

Playreading yesterday~

I was asked to read FOUR small parts in 4 one-act plays at the quarterly playreading the SML folks put together. FOUR! And the plays were very wierd plays, but humorous, so I said OK. We begin with a social hour, then an outdoor potluck (if weather permits, and it did) & despite the cane and foot brace, not yet discarded, I had a grand time. Just sat and let friends come to me.

Playreading is just that; one run-through & you sit and read the material. No memorizing! YAY

Of the 4 plays, the one I liked the most was about a couple who come into the hospital where the wife had a baby three weeks prior, and they've decided to return the baby (for a refund, of course) because they've decided it is just too much trouble. It cries and poops, for heaven's sake. So they've changed their minds. I played the nurse/receptionist who cannot believe this couple actually wants to return a baby.

I could only think of Paris Hilton...couldn't you see her in the part of the wife? Oh, this is just too much trouble, so I've changed my mind. But of course in real life, she'd just hire a nanny. Or two. Or three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home