On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Friday, June 01, 2007

27th wedding anniversary

We went out for a lovely lobster dinner with the largest Margarita ever...I shoulda worn a bathing suit to swim in it, it was the size of a small pool. It took both hands to hold the glass.

Driving back from Roanoke, we went through some rain showers, nothing significant...until we arrived home to Rocky Mount. Apparently, a hailstorm had just passed through as we had small trees down beside the long gravel driveway and there were branches everywhere. Our sunroom got soaked, but fortunately everything there is waterproof, even the 'wicker' furniture. And we'd turned off the computers before we left.

Hubby is outside as I write, clearing up what we couldn't see last night. Living in these mountains surely does bring with it some amazing weather. My peonies had gone by, and the roses were going, so I'll need to do some deadheading now for sure.

Good news: My ankle is finally beginning to heal. The sharp broken-glass type pain is cutting back. I'll spend the next few days OFF the foot so I can take the brace off next week. I will say it has been great to see how accommodating strangers are when they see you with a cane. And I will miss those great scooters at WalMart! I am a real danger to others, smiling sweetly as I zoom down an aisle and around a corner...I just wish the items I need weren't up on a high shelf so often, but hey, this is temporary.

BTW: If you'd like to see our sunporch, it has been selected as the front of the Sunporch brochure and is featured first in their online brochure...check it out (the one with the Fiestaware) at http://www.sunporch.com Dick built it from a kit, on top of our existing deck.

I'm still trying to train Sadie Mae. I got the new book, The Loved Dog by Tamar Geller after seeing her on Oprah. The book is excellent...will keep y'all posted if it works!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Marion, welcome back to the world of the walking. I hope soon anyway. I love your sun porch. I am jealous!! A nice room like that and a husband that can build. Nice blog!!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home