On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Friday, June 01, 2007

Grilling French Fries!

Two blogs in one day; don't faint, Becky.

Hubby has been doing lots of grilling to keep me off my feet...and I surely do not mind. He never has been much of a griller. He laughed when I bought 'him' a new grill for Father's Day last year; he knew it was really for ME.

Well, he just loves French fries. I usually bake them in the oven to avoid all the fat, but most of them (frozen) turn out sorta blah. Dick decided to spritz an old cookie sheet, spread the FF out on it, then put it on the hot grill & put the top down. Frequently turning them, he gets brown crispy fries in no time. And it works with the cheapie fries, crinkle fries, whatever your family prefers. No heating up the oven thereby heating up the kitchen. No need to take them out of the oven, put them on top of the stove, turn them, open the oven again, bend to put them back inside.

How clever! I've been sharing this with everyone, so hope I haven't already put it on our Group site. Those of you with kids still at home, this is a real winner. Healthy, too, compared to McD's.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Marion, I love it! I just hate to turn the oven on this time of the year so if I were already grilling, it would be so easy to do this! Thanks for the tip.

Amy

1:26 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Great idea! I think ANYTHING men cook is a good thing -- gets me out of having cook it. We are big frech fry lovers in our house, we'll have to try it!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home