On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

NOT osteo & other matters~

Before I forget, check out the Blog at http://www.looseleafnotes.com. Not only is it fascinating (Colleen Redman lives in Floyd, nuff said!) but she linked to a blog co-written by an alligator named Virgil that is very funny. I particularly liked the alligator's story about Ivan Trump's bras. Interesting technique, to have a 'co-writer' go off like that.

OK, somewhere I posted that the Bone Density test came out A-OK. I do not have osteoporosis but somehow twisted my ankle and caused a hairline fracture. Got myself one of those 4-pronged canes and actually had to go online to learn how to walk with a cane! I kept wanting to have it on my left (much less pain in my right ankle that way) and sure enough, that's what you do. Went to Kroger's yesterday (5% off day for seniors AND you get points for cheap...er gas at the Lake Kroger's AND they sent me $10 worth of coupons if I spent $70 in one trip. Which is easy to do.

Well, Rocky Mt Kroger's apparently only has ONE of those drive-around carts, and it was in use, so I ended up leaning on a regular cart...ooops! That's BUGGY down here... they were nice enough to unload my groceries into the trunk of my PT but Hubby was not home when I arrived, so I had to get the frozen & cold stuff into the house. He unloaded the other stuff once he got home.

I want you to know...I had more pain in that ankle last night than I'd had all week long. When the doctor says to stay off your feet, apparently he actually means it. Whew! Today, I feel like a new person as the meds kick in and I STAYED OFF MY FEET!

Thanks for all your nice comments. I wasn't sure whether or not to publish them on the blog...maybe I should do that. I do appreciate the kind thoughts & sharing of information.

Tomorrow, Becky and I meet with our small committee to work on the August Book fest for Franklin County Library. It'll be primarily the Fri night readings upstairs at Edible Vibes, August 10th, when we will drink a little wine, with Tapas, and talk and listen to the readings, which promise to be humorous. Then we have one local author speaking on Saturday, when you can bring the kids along. If we lived in Floyd, we'd be able to hang with our kids and play Scrabble...

Marion

1 Comments:

Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Glad your bone density test came out okay. I think I might have mentioned my mother has severe osteoporosis. Breaks bones left and right. And she WON'T use one of those carts you ride in, she's so stubborn! I wish she was online, I'd have her read your blog and see someone who has a good attitude about her body!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home