On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend~

Oh, the weather is just loverly! Hubby has been working on his ham radio tower since Friday, climbing 70 ft up, hoisting tower sections, bolting pieces onto it.

So much for spending a 3-day weekend enjoying yourselves, but it makes him happy to get this done, and my hobbling around with a cane doesn't allow for much in the way of fun. I DO have the perfect excuse for taking it very easy, however.

And the grill has been working every day. I love grilling season. Got some sweet corn from Kroger's, removed the silk without removing the husks, soaked them in cold water for an hour, brought the husks back up around the ears of corn, piled them onto the hot grill, and had roasted corn in about 15 mins. Oh, my, wasn't that good. Had steak shishkabob with the corn.

Tonight will just be hotdogs and beans. Tomorrow: steak & more of that good corn. The last batch was white corn; today I found sugar & gold, which was always my Mom's favorite.

I had planned to get some lessons on using the digital camera and then posting pix on this Blog, but I'll have to get Hubby down off that tower first. Glad he is safely belted in; I'd hate to hear a **THUD!** and have to go dig him up out of the red clay.

Sadie Mae got into some tiny green stickers & had to be combed and brushed, & combed again & brushed again. I saw something on her lower lip & when Hubby looked at it, he saw it was a big gray tick...looked like a hulled sunflower seed. He yanked it out, and Sadie Mae was so happy.

I guess the combo heart worm, flea & tick med we give her the first of every month must have worn off early. You would think an inside small dog would be virtually tick-free, but whenever she gets off her lead, she loves to head down into the brush & tall grass. Tick heaven.

Well, it's time to bring the man down off his tower so he can get the grill going. He has never been a grill man, but my having to stay off my feet has got him working the grill. This is a good thing~

Becky, I enjoyed your Blog about your tail-gater. I love it when you are stopped for someone ahead of you who is turning, and the person behind you leans on his or her horn. Do they expect you to push a button & leap over the vehicle ahead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home