On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Pink Pedicure!

Years ago, my daughter-in-law took me to a spa for a pedicure, as a girl's day out treat. It was unbelieveably wonderful. We soaked our feet in the warm bubbling water while the chair back mechanism massaged our tired muscles. Then our feet, ankles and legs were lathered and gently massaged as well.

I was hooked. Now I go in about once a month so ingrown toenails cannot cause any pain, and I come out just floating on air. They even 'sand' the bottoms of your feet for you. If you are trying to come up with a gift for someone, the cost is minimal in most cases. I chose a shop beside Kroger in Rocky Mount since they are immaculate. They sanitize constantly, and take the units apart every evening to be sure they are sterile. How much? $25 for two hours of being pampered.

This time of year, when we feel harried and hurried, when we're on our feet entirely too much, this can be as much a medical necessity as it is a gift. And I'm worth it!

Yes, I am economizing along with everyone else, but today I skedaddled in for a pedicure. There are other places I can cut.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

I completely agree. Pedicures ARE wonderful. I enjoy Zees Salon on Franklin Rd. They have a wonderful massage therapist too. Every once in awhile a girl's gotta splurge. I can't wait until Caroline is old enough so I can take her with me.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home