On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

MAMA MIA!

Hey, everybody, go see Mama Mia right away. We went yesterday, and it is a howl. We laughed and sang and laughed some more. If you are too young to remember ABBA, go anyway. Meryl Streep is perfect...that woman will be 60 next year...groan!...yet she's all energy and spandex and song.

Cathie and I already bought the soundtrack at Wallie World, and I plan to get the DVD when it comes out.

The storyline is this: a 20 year old girl brought up on a tiny Greek island by her mom (Streep) is getting married. She has never known who her father was, but finds her Mom's diary and there are 3 fellows she wrote about, one of whom may indeed be her father. So she invites all 3 to her wedding on the island.

Well (confession time!) as someone who was single in California during the flower-child times, who went disco dancing, who just had a great time for seven years between marriages, well... YEAH...dot-dot-dot!

I can't believe it actually opened here in Presque Isle, Maine, at the local theater. Everyone in the audience loved it. It was a rowdy crowd! We even took the teens, but we didn't explain it all. Actually, we didn't have to explain anything.

Colleen, if you are reading this in Floyd, get your Dancing Queen boots on and get ready!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat R said...

this is one of the only plays i've ever seen, it was great... i heard ol' Pierce takes a stab at singing too, eeesh

1:43 AM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

My sister went by herself while at a conference in Richmond. She told me the entire audience sang right out loud.

As an avid audience participation girl, I can't wait!!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

I saw some clips of it the other night and it did look hilarious. I agree with Roberts, Pierce CAN NOT sing! I'll have to see it when it comes to town.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home