On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Apologies due~

Sorry I haven't been blogging regularly, but it's a bit hectic around the house these days. We're getting ready to drive up to northern Maine to see family and pretty much spend the summer in a cooler clime. Hubby keeps packing clothes and packing clothes, while I insist I can do that pretty quick. I finally resorted to throwing some clothes on hangers onto the bed, so he'd think I was packing.

OK, I've made lists, updated all my meds, had laser eye surgery on both eyes (glaucoma treatment, actually) gone to the dentist..arghhh!...seen my family doctor to be certain my blood pressure is under control. It's 128/77, which is wonderful. Gotten my blood tested to be sure I'm handling the meds well. Like Bette Davis said, getting older ain't for sissies, and she was exactly correct.

We're taking the dogs along, so of course they had to get vet-checked out. And Sadie Mae had her spa visit of course.

In the middle of all of this, our pastor is leaving, which the United Methodist Church arranges about every four years, so there have been farewell home gatherings, and the whole church will bid him adieu this next Sunday. When they asked me to decorate, I decided on a picnic theme, red & white checkered tableclothes, vases of daisies. So Saturday a couple of us will put that all in place.

Our new pastor begins on the first Sunday in July, the 6th. We'll be up in Maine by then, so all I had to do was write up a piece for the newsletter and sign some folks up to host our Celebration Sunday as a greet-and-meet for John and Joanna Plummer. I won't get to meet them until we return.

Oh, and I had to get information around about our church's annual swim party in August. Dick is right; I really have too much to do and others will now have to step in while we are gone.

While up in Maine, I've been invited to the local University of Maine campus to display and sell my book, When Men Move to the Basement. Since the first half takes place in Maine, there is a lot of interest in the book. I'm also planning to work on my new book-in-progress, My Church is Making Me Fat...(with recipes). And, should I figure out how to do this on a laptop or my daughter's PC, I'm thinking about having Sadie Mae blog. That little puppy has a lot of attitude!

So, if I'm hit-or-miss for a bit, please know that I will be blogging when I get into a new routine. Or when something happens. Or when I'm just purely interested in something.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

I will miss you and look forward to any posts you are able to write this summer. Enjoy the weather!!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Oh Miss Marion I'm glad to hear it. I would miss your posts! I look forward to Miss Sadie Mae's debut. Ya'll drive safely and enjoy your stay... and the cooler weather!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Funny, I just posted the same kind of thing. It's hectic here. That's life. Hope you have a fun and safe trip and we'll miss you.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home