On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sorry...Must Correct Preacher Cookie Recipe!

Apologies are in order; I am going back to my Blog with the Preacher Cookie recipe to correct it. I had two different PC recipes, and wasn't sure which one I'd made before. I posted the one with 3 cups of oatmeal, but when I made it this morning (for an Awards Ceremony at Moneta Library for student writers) the cookies crumbled and fell into pieces.
Ooops!
Following is the correct recipe. If your kitchen is quite warm, you may have to set the cookies in the fridge for a bit to get them to form into their fudgey perfection.
BTW: They were enormously popular at tonight's function, particularly with the younger kids that were there.

PREACHER COOKIES
1 stick butter or margarine, chunked up
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
Mix first 4 ingredients in a heavy pot, heat and stir constantly until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Boil for 2.5 minutes, then remove from heat and add:
1 cup peanut butter, mixing well
1.5 cups dry oatmeal
1 tbs vanilla
Mix thoroughly. Drop by scant 1/4 cup measure onto waxed paper. Let cool until firm. Enjoy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

So, they are like no-bake cookies? Yummmmm...

8:17 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Yum Yum - love em! Please blog about the awards ceremony, I'd love to hear about it! Since my kids are out of school I'm trapped! lol

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home