On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Friday, June 06, 2008

Somebody is Going to Die if Lilly Beth Doesn't Catch that Bouquet:

The Official Southern Ladies Guide to Hosting the Perfect Wedding...this is the title of Gayden Metcalfe's and Charlotte Hays' most recent book, which I am just beginning to read. This pretty much reflects the DEEP south, not the nearly-south, as I tend to think of this area near Roanoke.

Very funny, very unpolitically correct, both books (Being Dead, and Lilly Beth) have received knock-out reviews from such as Publishers Weekly. I'm thinking the Lilly Beth book might be the perfect gift for the about-to-be-married. After all, there would be no one to gift the Being Dead book to...it'd be a tad too late!

Well, there are the folks bringing casseroles who might need some new Methodist or Presbyterian recipes, I suppose...

4 Comments:

Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

They sound like interesting books Marion. Good gift books. I often give books as gifts, whether the recipient likes it or not.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

10:04 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Marion, you're making my stack grow! I have a tower of books on my bedside table waiting their turn. Looks like I'll have to add this to the list!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

I just received "Cooking with my Sisters" by Adriana Trigiani in the mail (she sent it to me as a gift). After a quick flip-through I see a lot of juicy reading along with recipes. I can't wait to dive in. This book sounds equally good!!

4:51 PM  
Blogger colleen said...

I've caught my share and threw a couple too.

I think the book about being dead and throwing a good funeral has the potential to be even more fun than the wedding setting.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home