On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Monday, August 06, 2007

The Long Hot Summer~

Debi - I answered your comment about the Black Bear, but it dawned on me that you wouldn't know to look for an answer!

Long Hot Summer: I read somewhere that southern writing changed significantly with the advent of air conditioning because all the passionate hystrionics went indoors instead of taking place out on the front porch or by an open window where everybody could hear. Think: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof...or Long Hot Summer.

Whew, this is surely a hot summer. I've always loved the Fall, but I think this year it'll be even more of a wonderful change when that crisp cool weather comes along. Sunday, after church, a baby shower, and a bit of grocery shopping, I actually came home and put on my cool cotton long nightgown for the rest of the day.

We're supposed to have 90+ temps the rest of the week. I think I'll have iced coffee on Friday night at Edible Vibe. Next week, it is supposed to go down into the 80's. I did want to move south upon retirement from Maine, but this is ridiculous. Shouldn't complain, though...we have grown kids & their families in Clarksville, TN, and Birmingham, AL. My daughter in Maine had hail and heavy winds, lots of rain, over the weekend. She says it has been very hot even up there up until this change.

Well, I'm certainly rattling on. Didn't get any work done on the play except in my head, as I'm changing things around a bit. Tuesday I plan to get more written, then Weds is Writers Group and Book Club, more writing Thurs, then Lake Writers, car to shop for maintenance, and coffeehouse reading that evening. Saturday, the 2 authors at FCL. Somewhere in all of this, hubby will be lecturing me about doing too much...

1 Comments:

Blogger colleen said...

Maine is so far away. What about Floyd. We generally have cool summer nights here. On the hot days I live in a lose fitting sundress. It's a nightgown in disguise.

So glad you enjoyed Tom's humor!

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home