On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Friday, August 31, 2007

60 percent chance of rain? HA!

Anybody out there get any rain? Any at all?

Our hummingbird feeder kept dropping its level rapidly...turns out the squirrels were drinking it. I scrubbed and scrubbed the bird bath with bleach & then added some fresh water. We filled the bird feeder, too, so maybe our regulars will return. It could be the birds went down to the river to bathe and drink. And there isn't much of a river right now...

I know once the weather changes, my mood will change right along with it. I need pouring rain for days, and then a crisp, clear fall.

Oh, but I shouldn't complain...parts of Arizona are having 110 degree weather, day after day.

I went online and ordered two more cotton sundresses, on sale of course. Couldn't find any in the stores...they're getting ready for Halloween. Guess my pumpkin dress will be perfect!

Wondering whether GMA ever figures out that some people DON'T have grilled salmon and/or a nice filet of beef over Labor Day weekend. If they feature hotdogs, they have these huge, loud brothers who do tailgate-type parties. Hmmmm ...I seem to be getting a bit crabby, time to sign off and go out and do my rain dance. In my orange pleated dress.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Okay... yesterday there was no rain. Last night you got some right? It was a beautiful thunder storm!

By the way - check out my kids crafts blog (www.easykidscrafts.blogspot.com) for my kitchen sink barbecue idea! Anything goes on Labor Day.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Pathfinder said...

Yes, we sure had rain over here in downtown Rocky Mount last night---at least 2 straight hours of a monsoon. The leak in the closet dripped to fill half of a bucket. And in the woodshed this morning, a gift left by a changeling: a complete snakeskin sloughed off as some resident reptile decided to go out last night and dance in the rain, au naturel! The trees are happy here. The birdbaths are brimming. Happy September 1!

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home