On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow...

Songs that go through my head like that! Well, tomorrow is Wednesday, the 11th, which promises to be a busy day indeed. At 11, I'll be at our Rocky Mount Writers Club until noon. Having grabbed a lovely lunch from Edible Vibe on the corner, I'll be heading over with the Eclectic Readers Book Club to tour Hickory Hill Winery out at Westlake.

Hoping for a few minutes to stop at Provisions, that wonderful cookery store near Kroger's at WL to pick up some toaster tongs they've ordered for me. Would you believe I bought a new toaster that looks very 40's...it even has a small metal plaque that looks like the Chrysler emblem on my PT Cruiser...but when the toast pops up, it doesn't actually clear the top of the toaster. Darling design, but poor performance. And you know what happens if someone uses a knife to get the toast out. Ouch!

After the meeting & lunch & tasting at the winery, it's back to Rocky Mount to the Daily Grind, a nice little coffee shop up by the courthouse, where Ida B. Peevish will be holding court. I cannot imagine Ida B. with a dainty cup of tea. She's more a mug of coffee type of person, and she'll probably get her long blonde curls in the mug, too. Ida B. will be giving advice, whether anyone wants it or not, and selling copies of her second book, More Peevish Advice. The picture of her on the front is worth the price of the book alone.

Whew, that's a lot for someone hobbling around on a broken ankle, but if I make it I'll have copies of my book, When Men Move to the Basement. It's a compilation of humorous essays, illustrated by a very talented local artist, Bruce Rae.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

I can't wait to get my hands on your book!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home