On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Friday, July 27, 2007

Tomorrow at the General Store at Westlake

Tomorrow (Saturday, 7/28) I'll be joining Ida B. Peevish at The General Store at Westlake. It's located on Scruggs Road on the left, just before DQ on the right. We'll be there from 10 until 2, signing books.

With this tricky weather, we're not sure if we'll be out in front in their nice big lot, or inside out of possible rain. We had a downpour here about an hour or so ago; pouring hard rain....then suddenly, nada.

We need a solid week of pouring rain, frankly. Someone asked me about our stretch of the Blackwater River & whether we could canoe there. Right now, we'd have to pick up the canoe & carry it! Portage as we used to say when we raced canoes up north. (Always pronounced por-TAHJE since we lived in French-Canadian territory.)

Well, it's time to get the Old Boy cranking up the grill for chicken breasts. I'm trying a recipe that was on GMA this morning, for pineapple chicken-in-the-bag. I had to laugh when the cook said it was so SIMPLE and used things you already had around the house, like crushed pineapple. She then went on to add champagne vinagrette and Jose Cuer'vo golden margarita mix.

Maybe in HER house those are staples...so I substituted. Who knows how it will turn out!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home