On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Another three-bra day!

OK, I stole that quote from a Reader's Digest item, but it is so true! 90 degrees and soaking wet bras go together.

This morning, Sadie Mae struggled and grrrr'd as she tried to drag Hubby's jeans across the floor, using his belt as leverage. He'd apparently put them on the couch instead of in the laundry, intending to wear them another day. Too tempting for a Yorkie! She also chewed the recliner lever to a fare-thee-well. And the runners on my wooden rocker.

Since Remington, the 10-month old Lab, ate the wires from under Dick's truck, we're doing a bit of repair work these days. Never mind that we get them rawhide chew bones & other chewable toys. It's much more fun to eat the recliner lever.

I hit a point in writing my play that caused me to shut it down and just ruminate. Sure enough, it worked, and I came up with a major solution, another character I'm calling Aunt Edna, who is loud and funny, a real character for sure. Whew! Just in time. I can see her & hear her. She has short red curly hair & a stocky build. She'll wake things up. So I am rolling again.

Lake Writers this Friday will have two playwrights in attendance, both of whom have had their work locally produced. Mine isn't ready yet for a read-through, but I'll be able to chat with them about my progress.

FYI: About Fred First, the Franklin County Library staff also are fans of his writing. They're going to approach him about an Author's Event this fall, where he can do a media presentation as well as a reading. One of the things I so love about this area is the genuine enthusiasm local writers have about each other. I think Jim Morrison encouraged us all when he started with Valley Writers in Roanoke, then began Lake Writers at Moneta Library. He put together events, getting us out of our shells to read something before groups of 80 or more. And of course Becky, our official nag, directed several of us to Infinity Publishing and then got us Blogging.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Boy oh Boy, and you want ME to get a dog? I have three kids and two cats ready and willing to ruin everything I own. I don't need to throw a dog into the mix.

I am not having a three-bra day, but instead a two-bra and t-shirt day. I have sweated through the first set and am on to the second.

If you think it is hot today, you should try living in Florida. You can't get from your car to your house quick enough when parking in the driveway. It is so hot, the screen lanais are to tinted to keep the heat out. If it weren't for them, the water temp would be upwards of 89 or 90 degrees. Here we have a cool 78 degree pool and are happy for it. At least September will bring the fall...

Will you be at our next meeting with a red wig so we can meet Aunt Edna? Looking forward to THAT. LOL

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home