On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Rain, Darn it! We need you~

Once I get those pics from Dear Hubby, you will see how very low the Blackwater River is right now. Our small lawn is burning up. We did get a very slight bit of rain from all the lightning and thunder this afternoon, but it was only a promise, not a downpour. It is supposed to rain off & on the rest of this week, and move down from all this 90-degree stuff.

We have a well, so we worry when it gets too dry.

Been busy doing "stuff" rather than writing my play. It's writing itself in my head, but not where it should be. Also have been working a bit on the details of our CoffeeHouse Readings for 8/10. Fred First is going to read, and will have his book, Slow Road Home. He's also working on a media presentation (and he doesn't know this yet) that the FCL plans to feature in the fall. With his great photography, we couldn't give it justice in a 15-minute reading time.

According to Fred's blog, he has his 6-year-old grandchild with him this week, following him around and asking him Why? ...but, Why? and...Why is Dumpa taking a picture of that plant?

Colleen Redman strongly justifies blogging today. Makes me feel all righteous!

Amy, thanks for the tip about salt water. I believe the styptic pencil is basically salt, or something close to that, but it just wouldn't seal the tiny nick. The liquid bandage worked perfectly. She didn't try to scrape it off, either. "Dad" even took her for a ride on his ATV down to the river later on; when they came back, she was sitting right in front of him, ears flying straight back, grin on her face. Darn! I should have had my camera ready. She loves riding on his ATV & he holds her tightly. Yeah, this is MY dog all right!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Awwww... I can picture your Sadie, ears in the air like a large bunny rabbit, tongue hanging out of her mouth.

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. It's just nice to know it's being read. I will have to read Colleen's blog next.

Amy H

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home