On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Friday, July 13, 2007

Of Sadie Mae & Other Things

Well, I celebrated too soon...Sadie Mae, The Dog Who Will Not Come When Called, decided suddenly to respond to the Clicker, something I'd tried with her waaaay back when we first got her. I was ecstatic! So easy, so much better than calling her & calling her, rewarding her with chicken snax when she DID respond, then getting PoopDaddy to call her sternly when she'd decided to run up the driveway instead.

Then, she decided there were more attractive things to do than fly back to the front door. She could romp with Remington, the chocolate Lab puppy. Or chase a wild rabbit (groan!) ... or circle the house with her ballet-like leaps, running so fast the Lab can't keep up. And she knew I would still take her in when she returned, bedraggled and grinning.

Oh well.

More news: My ankle is healing rapidly. When we toured the Hickory Hill Winery, since it was raining, we pretty much stayed in their small facility adjoining the tasting room. Lovely wines! Good prices, too. By the time I got to the Daily Grind coffeeshop in uptown Rocky Mount, Ida B. was ready to leave. I did have a huge cup of their Mocha coffee, covered with whipped cream. Lovely. And I do like David's English accent. So proper.

I had copies of my book with me, but it was too late to get any out. All had left except David & his wife, & Becky of course. Amy: Sorry I didn't have my book with me at the Writers Group meeting. Maybe we can meet up somewhere before next month. I'll e-mail you.

Otherwise, I'll be signing copies at The General Store out at Westlake on Saturday the 28th of this month, 10-2 I believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home