On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Yep, it's a fractured ankle all right

Doctor says it's a hairline fracture, so I'm wearing a black leather brace with 2 stabilizers, one on each side of my foot. I'll only be able to wear sneakers for the month I'll need the brace. How charming!

Not only that, I'll have to have a bone density on the 10th, to see if it might be osteoporosis that caused this fracture, since I don't recall any kind of injury, fall, twisted ankle, etc. Wonderful. I don't smoke, am not thin & fragile, take my Vitamin D, lived in CA for 22 years (so had plenty of sun) and while living in northern Maine, made sure I got outdoors with my face in the sun for 10 mins a day. When there WAS sun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Oh Marion! That is horrible news!! I am sooooo sorry. My ankle is feeling better but still swells after a long day on my feet. I am still not back up to par. Does your husband want to dote on you now? That might be nice...lol

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home