On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Fracture not slowing me down too much

OK, I'm walking much more slowly but thank heavens I can drive (YAY!). Grocery shopping meant I could use one of those little electric carts. With milk and eggs always miles away from the produce section, that little cart is a blessing.

Have hubby doing lots of grilling and also waiting on me, so that's an added bonus.

Dick leaves early Saturday morning with a group of 8 other men from our church on a mission trip to Biloxi, doing rebuilding and renovating after Katrina's damage. This time, they're flying instead of making that long tedious (& expensive) drive. They are supposed to stay in military-style tents, but I convinced him a motel would be better, so they could shower and sleep with AC. These are mostly retired men; they don't need to work all day in that heat and humidity and then sleep in an open-sided tent.

As for me here at home, I'll just take care of the dogs and eat my salads without having to worry about fixing meals or anything like that. Sadie Mae IS learning to Come when called (bits of hotdogs worked magic!) and doesn't need to go outside as much. But I know she'll miss the Alpha Dog/Pack Leader. She & Dick have a close bond. He even takes her with him to the dumpster; one of her favorite things is to ride along in his truck. He lets her stick her head out the window only while he's driving up our driveway. I'm guessing it makes her feel like a BIG DOG for those few moments!

Hey, thanks for all the sympathy, but I'm doing OK with the fractured ankle. Going out for my birthday dinner tomorrow night to Carrabba's and will let you know Friday how it went. My Montana son Mike sent me an enormous hanging fuchsia plant, which I just love. I'll get Dick to hang it before he heads south.

Yes, I know Becky, take pictures! I did get some of our writer's group and Dick 'put them on my PC' but I have to find out from him how to get them HERE!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Good for you! Getting your husband to take such good care of you can be a full time job in itself. I hope your ankle is feeling better soon. I look forward to seeing you at next Wednesday's meeting.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Have a Happy Birthday! I have been looking at my still sore ankle the last day or so and I think I might have had a small fracture in it. It is definitly a different shape than the other one. Hang in there, I am sure that a week will make a big difference.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Oh, I hope your bone density test comes out good Marion! My mother is 62 and has osteoporosis. Her bones are breaking left and right. Her first bone, hip, broke at about 55. Now she reaches up to adjust a curtain, she breaks a rib. Not to scare you!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home