On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Weather may postpone Sadie Mae's surgery

We're expecting snow, sleet & freezing rain (my personal favorites) tomorrow; it appears to have moved faster than expected & may arrive here in the morning, laying down 3-4" of snow before the sleet begins about noon. Since Sadie Mae's appointment is for 1 pm, I doubt it'll happen.

I gave her a nice bath today, getting her all ready for tomorrow. Oh, well, we can wait so long as the lusting male Labs stay away from her. She hides under the low furniture when they get carried away. Mother Nature, I know, but this kind of hassle for 21 days is not something I look forward to.

Our Franklin County Library Book Fest Committee has begun meeting for this year's August event. We've lined up Alyson Hagy, a farmer's daughter from Rocky Mount, now living and teaching in Laramie, Wyoming, as our featured speaker on Saturday, August 11th. She is published by Simon & Schuster.

Most of our focus this year will be on our Coffeehouse readings, Friday evening August 10th at Edible Vibes. So far, we have Linda Hamlett Childress who wrote "Tobacco Farmer's Daughter" and "Rural Route Two," as well as local authors Dick Raymond, poet, Becky Mushko, and yours truly. There has been a lot of interest expressed in our Coffeehouse reading from last year. It was a very social event!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home