On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Golden Days

This year, the leaves seem more golden, more lush, just brilliant. In the early mornings, when I'm letting Sadie Mae out, the misty rising sun lights every tree with a glow. My weeping cherry tree looks like a page from a calendar, despite wind and rain trying to strip the leaves off.

One of our fruitless pear trees is turning shiny red, and the other two are soon to follow. I draw in my breath and am thankful for another day to enjoy all this fall color.

Since my eye doctor gave me some very good news recently, that his laser treatments have apparently stopped the glaucoma damage, I know I can continue to see beyond what was originally predicted. Grateful? You bet!

Sadie Mae is doing fine, although she's showing her terrier DNA by nipping at my ankles and pantlegs, grrrring as she tries to get me to go where SHE wants to go...dog books remind me that I'm the boss, not Sadie Mae, and if she were a greyhound, it wouldn't be nearly so cute!

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky Mushko said...

The faithful readers of your blog want more PUPPY PICTURES!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home