On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Exciting News!!

I got an e-mail from WVTF, the Public Radio station that broadcasts out of Roanoke, asking me to give them the times it will take me to read two of my essays from my book, When Men Move to the Basement! The essays are: Donna Reed and Plastic Deer.

Initially, I'd gotten the response that they had a stack of essays already, and would I re-submit in the future. Darn! Then, surprise, I got the e-mail yesterday about 2 of the 3 essays I'd submitted to them. Apparently, someone actually READ and LIKED them!

I am totally beside myself. It has always been a dream of mine to read a piece over Public Radio.
Needless to say, I am e-mailing all of my relatives to spread the news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home