On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Funerals and Memorials

Dick lost an uncle sadly to lung cancer and his 92-year old great aunt died a week later. Aunt Letha had a well-thought-out Obituary in the Bangor Daily News (Maine). The Obit said she wanted everyone to wear bright colors, no dreary black, please...and to celebrate her wonderful long life, because now she was going Home.

This made me realize I need to draw up some directives myself! What a lovely idea, for everyone to wear bright colors and celebrate her life.

Yesterday, though, Dick got a call about a sudden death of a friend, one of the lead singers from his Harmeneers (yes, that's spelled correctly) Barbershop Chorus of 40-50 members suffered a massive coronary while at his Florida winter home. He has a lot of family in that area, so at the moment, no one is certain where or when the services will be held. Jim Gregory and his wife, Barbara, have their home at Smith Mountain Lake and he was very active in the Chorus and with other groups in this area. Jim was a delightful man, so enthusiastic about singing that everyone was just swept along when he burst into song. It is a great loss and he will be SO missed by a great many folks.

I have some good news to share, so I'll start a new post rather than add it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home