On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Public Radio Essay Broadcast

WVTF recorded my reading of Donna Reed Doesn't Live Here Anymore from my book, When Men Move to the Basement, and it was broadcast Friday morning January 26th at 8:50. Drive Time! and directly after Dr. James Robertson's civil war piece.

Here's the link to hear it (without the nice intro and close from Rick Matteoni)...
http://www.wvtf.org/news.htm

A dream realized, to be on the same airwaves (well, not NPR but still Virginia PR) as Garrison Keillor.

Update on Sadie Mae: She's nearly 6 months old now and it appears she is becoming Marilyn Monroe in the eyes of the two chocolate Labs who live in our household now. I'm taking her in to the vet's next week to see if she might need a nip and tuck to make her not quite so attractive to them. I'd rather have THEIR plumbing fixed, but apparently the very thought of that surgery makes my hubby cringe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home