On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Friends

Some friends nest comfortably in my past life, ever caring, ever loving, just there as a song or a scent or a phrase brings them to mind. They haven't changed in my mind, even though I know they must have changed as I have.

I imagine them as small puffy...maybe a soft orange...orbs floating in a darker sky. I know I could still call on them if need be, and they would be there for me, as I would be here for them.

Our only real contact now is Christmas...or Hanukkah...or non-denominational cards once a year. I still send out a Christmas letter so relatives and close friends can keep up with what we've been up to, but I keep it to one page with (hopefully!) no bragging.

Lots of contact continues with church family and friends we see often.

I don't feel guilty or neglectful about those orange orbs...we build our lives as we learn from everyone we meet.

No big message here; just some thoughts I've been having.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home