On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Train Trip came to an abrupt stop...

Between the immediate financial crisis that finally got our Congress' attention, and GMA's train trip that must have continued through the night across Virginia and on to DC, Friday's train segment was a bit of a disappointment...my apologies to those of you who tuned in.

They DID have interesting information from the Newseum in DC, but all the beautiful scenery and individual visits to each state's citizens, just didn't happen.

Today is Saturday, and what I call GMA-Light folks climbed into a van and visited a college in NC (which is about to meet VT in a game!). OK, just not the same as a train trip, I know.

Of course, I knew Diane Sawyer, Chris Cuomo, Robin Roberts and Sam Champion would not be riding day and night on the train for the entire 50 days...those quarters were quite cramped. At one point, they showed Chris 'stretched out' on his bunk with his feet stuck up on the wall and his hand actually touching the compartment's door handle at the same time. Diane said she missed having a bathtub.

Well, it seems our elected Congress must actually do some work for us, trying to resolve the financial mess they got us into. We all saw this coming; where were they looking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home