On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Gold to Go...What's in Your Suitcase?

This is from the current issue of the United Methodist Upper Room, a daily devotional guide. I read this last Thursday morning, and it has stayed with me, the imagery is so strong. This was contributed by Mary Manson of Ontario, Canada.

A story tells about a rich man who pleaded with God to let him bring into eternity one suitcase full of his most valuable possessions. God finally conceded, and the man packed as much gold as he could into his biggest suitcase. When he arrived at heaven's gates he was met by St. Peter, who opened the suitcase, curious to see what the man valued most.

"What!" St. Peter was incredulous; "You brought pavement?"

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

the road to heaven is paved with... oh! I get it!

That's too funny!!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Love it! That puts life into perspective, doesn't it?

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home