On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Thursday, May 01, 2008

E-mail Restored, finally

I'd not realized how dependent I'd become on e-mail until it was gone for several days. Two GFs and I were trying to set up an evening to go out, with Hubby (as my birthday is coming up) with day, time, restaurant. They'd e-mail ME, but my replies stayed in the Outbox. Finally, one would sneak out but it wasn't the current one.

About birthdays: my Mom always said, do not keep your birthday a secret and then pout because nobody remembered it. Write it on their calendar. Remind them several days ahead of time, especially a spouse. My Mom managed to celebrate her birthday for three weeks straight: Let's go out to lunch, 'cause tomorrow's my birthday. We really should go see that movie, my birthday was last week. Dinner out? Of course! This is my birthday month!

Well, I worked it right myself. May is my favorite month, as the 3rd is my birthday, Mother's Day falls mid-month, and the 31st is our wedding anniversary. That's at least three dinners/lunches/movies/flowers...and, of course, diamonds. (HA...) Just threw that in there; that'll not happen!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Happy early birthday Miss Marion! I'll mark that one on my calendar as well.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Happy Birthday, slightly in advance!

With May 3 being "Garden Naked Day," I'm sure you can find some creative ways to celebrate!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

A new twist on the birthday month...Dick cleaned my oven(!)& I cleaned the top of the stove. We're eating out tonight (Friday) and possibly tomorrow night, and definitely Sunday after church.
So, how long can I keep from using the shiny clean stove? Stay tuned!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Happy Birthday, Marion! I'm like your Mom...I believe in stretching a birthday out for as long as possible. :-)
And Happy Mother's Day and Happy Anniversary in advance! Our wedding anniversary is also in May--our twenty-first.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Marion!! Are you 29 this year? (as we all are?)

10:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday, Marion - hope it was a great one.

I totally agree that May is a good month - it's my birthday month too! ;-)

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home