On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I'm a Greatgrandmother again!

No pictures of the baby yet, but in this age of the Internet, I expect to receive them soon.

Theresa, widow of my son, Andy, brought a daughter to the marriage who helped her Mom care for her stepdad, whom she called her Dad. Cassie became a Mom herself at 1 am yesterday morning when, after an easy labor, she delivered 6 lb 4 oz Chloe Louise Nightingale. Isn't that a delightful name for a baby girl?

Cassie and...yes, his name is Andrew...are over the moon. They live in northern Maine, so we'll get to hold this tiny baby girl when we go up there this summer. So Andy, up there watching all of us, is a Grandfather now. Get out! Never having been a father, he's skipped a generation ahead.

Baby and Mom are healthy and doing great. My daughter Cathie (Great Aunt?) and her daughter Anna (Aunt Anna?) will visit them shortly and I'll have more to report then. Like...does little Chloe have a mass of dark hair? Those important details.

5 Comments:

Blogger Becky Mushko said...

Congratulations! And this one's birthday will be easy to remember!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Congrats! There's nothing sweeter than a new little baby!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Huge congratulations, Marion and very best wishes to your family!

4:26 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Congratulations, Marion! I agree--that is a lovely, poetic name for your great-granddaughter. I know you can't wait to hold her in your arms.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Congratulations Miss Marion! I can't wait until you post a picture of her. I do believe Chloe Nightingale is one of the most beautiful baby girl names I've ever heard.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home