On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Enchanted, the DVD

My stepdaughter e-mailed me about her daughter Trin's 11th birthday party. Trin was thrilled to receive lots of Jonas Brothers stuff, and the DVD for Enchanted. So the whole family sat down to watch the movie, and loved it, except for 7-year old Little Miss Drama Queen, Morgayne. (Correction: Her Mom says Morgayne is still 6 years old. She won't be 7 until September.)

Now, Morgayne is definitely a Princess-girl who loves everything that sparkles and has wings and puffy skirts and tiarras, so she was (at first) enthralled. But THEN...THEN! When the Princess fell in love with a mere mortal man, instead of going off with the Prince, Morgayne stomped to her room and slammed the door!

Mom and Dad tried to explain to her what had happened, and that indeed, the Princess DID find her actual Prince, but Drama Queen wasn't having any of THAT, thank you very much. (Hand on hip, eyes blazing!) ..."They did it all wrong!" she announced in a huff.

We figure when she hits about 16, she'll run off with the first man who rides in on a white horse...

4 Comments:

Blogger Becky Mushko said...

. . . or maybe, when she's ten, she'll take the white horse and forget the man.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

So, her mother should only let Morgayne hang out with the affluent horse owners? Sounds like my seven year old princes...and I thought they broke the mold!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Hey, if he has a horse I don't blame her!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

I love it! She will probably grow up to be a theater major, and direct on broadway.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home