On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Summer at the Lake

Whew! The playreading went really well, despite Eric's (not noticeable) nervousness about reading the doctor's part, and Jim not getting my e-mail encouraging him to arrive early for a read-through. Will filled in until Jim arrived after my frantic phone call. Of course, Jim did a beautiful job with Bill's part. Peggy was the perfect Trophy Wife, complete with cell phone to her ear, plush puppy in her purse, sunglasses on her hair.
Connie was Fran, Bill's wife.

The story involves Fran & Bill, a retired couple living at a small lake in northern Maine, who invited a Boston doctor and his wife to "stop by if you are ever in the area." The doctor drives his huge RV up with his trophy wife, her 2 children, and a small dog, and stays. And stays. And stays.

Finally, Fran's colorful Aunt Edna arrives and the doctor and his family leave rather hurriedly.

The Smith Mountain Eagle did a nice write-up, complete with a picture of Connie and Jim.

We all had a great time, and I got to play Aunt Edna complete with brightly colored flowered blouse and red parrot earrings. Dick made chili and brought it in a crockpot, and someone counted 49 people there, enjoying my play and Leslie Santapaul's play about a couple touring the Sistine Chapel where Adam and God trade humorous comments. The food, as usual with this group, was lovely.

A good time was had by all...lots of laughing, eating, and drinking of wine!

2 Comments:

Blogger Clementine said...

Congratulation Miss Marion! I'm so glad that it went well, and I only wish I could have joined you. I'm in up to my neck in reading the Libertine. Will this be something that will be performed again?

8:31 AM  
Blogger Amy Hanek said...

I had a such a great time with such talented people! The people from SMAC were so welcoming to us outsiders as well. Thanks for the invitation!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home