On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Great-grammie Again!

I'm gonna be a Great-grammie again! My son Andy's widow, Theresa, has a daughter...that'd be Andy's stepdaughter...who is bright as a button and very talented as a dancer. T, a social worker with a Master's who teaches at a university, has been taking Cassandra around to look at colleges. Well, I guess she left her at home alone, because Cassie found herself a fiance' (from a very prominent family I hasten to add) and now they are expecting a baby girl the end of April.

They are both delighted and excited. I, in the role of Great-grammie, ask when a wedding date will be set. I guess Papa-to-be's parents are asking the same question. The world is changing much too fast for those of us stuck in the old ways. Last weekend, the couple's church held a baby shower for them in their Fellowship Hall, so that's a good sign, right?

We're planning to be in Maine part of the summer this year, so I'll get to hold...and rock...and spoil...baby girl Chloe Louise Nightingale. Isn't that the prettiest name? It just flows. See Colleen, you aren't the only one getting to buy teeny tiny baby clothes again! And I suggested to my daughter, now known as Auntie Cathie, that she scoop up some flannel crib sheets, since I won't be able to find them down here in the South.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

I ADORE baby clothes. I feel the same way just when I have a friend expecting a new little one - I can't wait for grandkids ...in a decade or two!

"Great-grammie" sounds like a wonderful children's book. "Great-grammie to the rescue!"

12:07 PM  
Blogger Clementine said...

Congratulations Marion! I adore her name - it sounds so poetic. What a wonderful Easter present!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Oh that is a beautiful name. Congratulations Marion!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home