On The Blackwater

Musing on retirement, writing, puppies, and whatever else strikes my fancy

My Photo
Name:

Spending my life in 20-year increments: DC, Calif, Maine, & now in the BlueRidge Mountains of VA, where my YoChon, Sadie Mae, has started to blog...

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Keith Ferrell Speaking at Moneta Library

My buddy (and brilliant speaker) Keith Ferrell will give a talk at 10 am on Thursday, 8 November, at the Moneta Library at Smith Mountain Lake. His topic: The Death of Reading. Yes, we all hope he is wrong, that young people ARE reading, but as former Editor-in-Chief of Omni Magazine in NYC, Keith still keeps very strong ties with what is currently happening in the book business, in the magazine business, and with reading in general.

Keith has authored over a dozen published books and is currently working on another novel. Keith moved from NYC to a farm in Franklin County with his wife, Martha, a teacher. Their son is a successful musician in NYC.

I love that he bakes scrumptious pizzas on his outdoor grill...in fact, he says he does all his cooking on the grill. I wish he'd teach a couple's course in this; my husband finally does grill, but his repertoire is somewhat limited.

Keith's talk on the 8th will not include baking pizzas, but the Friends of Moneta Library will provide refreshments. There is no charge for the event.

Hope to see you there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home